Bestgear - Demanded several proofs of identity for verification for no reason
My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be.
I suspect a hidden agenda.Gearbest accepted my payment and I actually signed a Visa verification form which needed a password.
Visa never would have approved the order if none of the shipping and home address information was not correct. Yet, Bestgear singled me out for this egregious verification protocol asking photo of my drivers license. I don't drive because I have a disability that makes driving impossible. A copy of my utility bill which I don't get because I have autopay.
And other forms of visual proof that I am who I say I am. This is entirely egregious. I've never been asked for this extra verification for the the hundreds of items I've bought online from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Apple, etc. This company operates out of China and when I've tried several times to connect via chat I always get a notice "We're too busy to chat right now.
Try again later." The truth is they don't have a chat option.Now they have my money and don't know if I'll ever get it back despite their claims of refunds and guarantees.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Inappropriate demand or visual proof of my identity. I have Visa Verification Service that won't let a transaction go through unless info provided vendor matches Visa records.Crippled no drivers license.Utilities on autopay-no paper bills.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Inflatable Folding Sleeping Lazy Bag For Outdoor Camping
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "hello every body this is a true story i am a graduate student and searching for a job so that i got a call from myemployment.co.in and they told me that they will forward..."
- "Les Poupée Silicone sont mondialement connus pour leur beauté la forme et la qualité comme la vraie femme. Ces corps de silicone à couper le souffle sont tout à fait..."
- "Trusted this scam artist of claiming he can sell me 1000 units of iPad minis. Sent the money to this clown to some pre-paid card account, for he claims it..."
- "In 2008 my dear kitten, peaches, of 7 months was shot (most likely by a neighbor) while we were at church one Sunday afternoon in November . ..."
- "I am so pissed off about the different ways you have given us less toilet paper, and charge us more money. I thought I should just run down to Sears and..."
- "We've just returned from Ecuador and I can't say enough good things about it. Marco our guide and Javier our driver could not have been more congenial and informative. ..."
- "I have no idea who is running this business now, but I bought a stainless steel and gold Rolex Submariner from Tom at Ideal Watches in February, 2001. The customer..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "My family went to Little Caesars Pizza at 3907 E State Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46805 to order stuffed crust pepperoni pizza and 2 zesty cheese bread with dips...."